The unique design of the suicide resistant curtain rail allows for more safe and normalized physical environments in risk settings . A normalized physical environment is suggested to contribute to a better healing process. The curtain rail has a unique design without cavities that otherwise create risk for ligature attachments.The mounting with safety screws makes it extremely difficult to pull down.
The curtain hangs from the rail by custom designed runners that release when abnormal weight is applied. One runner releases at a maximum load of 1.5 kg and a curtain with twenty runners at a maximum of 16.7 kg. The load needed to release the curtain from the rail ensures its resistance towards suicide attempts.
The design of the runners facilitate for staff to easily mount the curtain when released – completely without costs for external craftsmen/installers. The unique design does not include loose large parts that may be demolished or used to exercise self-harm or used as a weapon. The curtain rail is designed, developed and produced in Sweden by HealSafe Interiör and is offered in three versions: a wall mounted, a ceiling mount and a 90 degree shower rail.
- The curtain rail solution consists of three parts: the rail, runners and end stops.
- The curtain rail solution is tested by RISE – The Swedish Research Institute
- Standard colour: white. Other colours are possible on request.
- The mounting instructions are to be followed to ensure the testing results from SP, Technical Research Institute of Sweden.
- The product is registered for patent pending by PRV, The Swedish Patent and Registration Office